Monday, October 10, 2016

Stories of Joy

I'm going to be honest today. I've been struggling lately. Anxiety threatens to take me under at times. My husband is declining and there is nothing I can do about it. He fell Friday night, again. Has cuts and bruises, again.

My bright spot this week is simple and very personal.

Due to Mike's fall, I had a long talk with the head nurse at the facility where he is a resident. She started telling me how much they loved Mike and that she brought her dog to specifically visit him one day. Then she said that last week Mike was reading the Bible out loud to the other residents in the dining room and then said a prayer. She had never even heard him say a complete sentence before and this brought her to tears. Her stories helped ease the anxiety in my own heart and mind and brought a smile as I imagined the scenes.

I thank God that even in the midst of another setback, He brought me stories of joy.

9 comments:

  1. Thank you Jennifer for reminding me what a personal God we have. He shines light in the darkest places. From Hiding place,there is no valley so deep, that His Grace is deeper still.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynn for that reminder. No matter where we are, God is there.

      Delete
  2. Mike is a true testimony to God's love of people who love him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so the essence of Mike! He wanted to go back to missions, and it looks like he did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's amazing how he can still read clearly even though he often cannot say what he wants to say.

      Delete
  4. How sweet. I can see him doing this. Our prayers are with you both.

    ReplyDelete