Monday, January 23, 2017

Christmas Photo Cards


I like to receive Christmas photo cards. I especially enjoy the ones that have a quick summary of the lives of the sender in addition to the photos. It’s fun to see how children have grown up, how friends have changed their hairstyle, and maybe see places they’ve been throughout the year.

The added blessing of receiving these photo cards is that they become prayer cards. I tuck them into my Bible study notebook or the nook in my desk and look at each one as I pray for those pictured on the cards. It adds a more personal feel and connection to the people shown there. If there is a brief summary on the card, there may be prayer points to glean.

I’m learning to pray the Scriptures for others, myself, our country, our leaders, and the persecuted church. Using God’s words to lift others up in prayer adds so much more meaning and power, plus it helps me to stay focused. The hardest part about praying, for me, was that my mind would wander or I would even fall asleep. Praying the Bible verses is helping me to put more of God’s word into my mind and heart, as well as, helping me to intercede for others.
Ephesians 1:17 is a great prayer for others or ourselves:
I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ,
the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation,
so that you may know him better.
(Replace “you” with their name or me/I)

Praying Scripture is also a great way to praise God. The Psalms are full of praise that we can use to worship and adore God.
Psalm 103:1 says:
Praise the Lord, my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.

Feeling fearful or having a hard time being thankful?
Try this verse: Hebrews 12:28
Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken,
let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably
 with reverence and awe,

For the persecuted church:
Psalm 119:9 & 10
Remember your word to your servant,
For you have given me hope.
My comfort in my suffering is this:
Your promise preserves my life.

Forgiveness of sins:
I John 1:9
If we confess our sins,
he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins
and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Praying is a real privilege. It is our opportunity to speak to and listen to Almighty God. It is one way that we can serve those around us also and we can be sure that God is listening and will answer according to His will.
Psalm 6:9
The Lord has heard my cry for mercy;
the Lord accepts my prayer.



TIP: If you have not thrown out your Christmas photo cards or letters, try putting them with your Bible and spending time in prayer throughout the year for each one you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment